Friday, July 18, 2014

Happy Birthday, Mary Jane.

To Mary Jane, one of the most wonderful persons I have ever known.
Tomorrow is your birthday and I decided what I needed to give you was a letter. My mom wrote special birthday letters to my sister, brother and me several years ago, and they were all very special, wonderful gifts that the three of us all treasured.
Today, you came to my house and spent the day with my mom and my big boys, and gave me the chance to slip out with the baby, for some much needed time away from home and away from the big boys, and that was a very special treat indeed. You visited with mom and kept her company, and were oh so patient with the whole thing. Thank you.
This is the kind of thing you seem to do all the time for us. I know it's not a chore for you to come spend time with us and the boys, but you are such a wonderful help when you are here, or by taking the boys home or other places with you (I know Walt has a hand in this as well ;).
What would we do with out you, Mary Jane? Even more so in my mind, I often think "what would I do with out you? For Eli's sake, for my sake, and especially for our boys, we would be lost with out you.
As I said earlier, you are one of the most wonderful persons I have ever known, but the truth is you are one of the most wonderful persons I have ever had the privilege to know and love. You have made having a family all the more sweet for me, and I am daily thankful to have you as my mother-in-law.

 I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful relationship with you. You have been my greatest support in being married, in having children...even in pursuing my dream of becoming a midwife. You always have a kind word of support and encouragement, and a warm hug. Even the times when I am feeling cranky and overwhelmed by life, as is often the case as of lately with three little boys, you always brighten my spirits when you come around or call to check up on us, or give a quick little facebook note.
Thank you for being more than just my mother-in-law, or grandma to the boys. You are and always will be, so much more than that. Thank you for all the support you have given and continue to give us as a family. We would be sunk with out the encouragement you give us both.
We love you dearly, Mary Jane. I love you dearly. Thank you for taking me in to your family, and being my mother at times when my mom can't (and couldn't). Thank you for loving my kids in a special way that only their grandma can. They need all the support they can get as well, and you are always ready and willing to jump right in, with them.

Happy Birthday, Mary Jane. From the deepest part of my heart, I hope it's a grand one!

No comments:

Post a Comment